Meghalayan Khasi Black Sesame Chicken. This beautiful dish from the Khasi tribe in Meghalaya, although traditionally made with pork, is one of my favourite chicken curries of all time. So complex in flavor and yet, so simple to cook. This beautiful dish from the Khasi tribe in Meghalaya, although traditionally made with pork, is one of my favourite chicken curries of all time.
It is a tasty little side piece in the cuisine of Meghalaya, accompanying the popular chicken, pork and other curries. The Khasi Black Sesame Radish Salad has to be tasted, to be appreciated. The black sesame or nei iong adds a flavour all its own. You move brewing pressure-cook Meghalayan Khasi Black Sesame Chicken employing 12 technique together with 5 including. Here you are get there.
compound of Meghalayan Khasi Black Sesame Chicken
- Prepare 50 g of black sesame / kala til.
- It's 1 teaspoon of sugar.
- Prepare 2 of big onions sliced thin.
- It's 2-3 of bay leaves.
- You need 2 of dry red chilli.
- Prepare 2 of hot green chilli.
- Prepare 500 gm of chicken/ pork.
- It's 3-4 inches of ginger.
- It's 13-15 cloves of garlic.
- It's 1 of tomato (optional, but I prefer it).
- You need to taste of Salt.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of tomato sauce.
Dai nei iong is one of the staple dish of the Khasi people of Meghalaya. It is a black lentil (urdu dal) preparation where the black gram is soft boiled or pressure cooked and is mixed with. Let's learn a Khasi delicacy today - pork cooked with black sesame seeds with a detailed step by step picture recipe. Dohneiiong is a pork dish from Meghalaya which is one of the North East State of India.
Meghalayan Khasi Black Sesame Chicken method
- Toast the black sesame seeds on a hot pan for 3-4 minutes till you get the aroma.
- Make a paste of the roasted sesame seeds, ginger, garlic,tomato and green chilli.
- Sear the chicken in mustard oil till it becomes pale, remove from oil and keep separately..
- Add the bay leaves and red chilli to the oil in which we just seared the chicken, add the onions and tomato (optional), brown the onions..
- Add the sesame paste to the pan and cook it out, add the seared chicken and water. Wait for the chicken to cook till tender, I cook it in the pressure cooker for 2 whistles. And serve !!.
Dohneiiong is a very famous dish served on different occasions. It is pork cooked with black sesame seeds. According to her, this recipe is inspired by one of the most famous Khasi dishes from Meghalaya, called dohneiiong. Dohneiiong is traditionally made with pork (not chicken) and sesame sauce. As the name goes, it is understood that black sesame is an integral part of this dish that not only makes it flavourful, but also healthy.