Sweedish meat balls. TESTED & PERFECTED RECIPE - Swedish meatballs in a light cream sauce are great speared with toothpicks or served over noodles for family dinners. Homemade Swedish Meatballs are homemade meatballs smothered in creamy Swedish Meatball Sauce served over egg noodles or rice. This easy recipe is very kid friendly!
The trick to Alton Brown's moist Swedish Meatballs recipe, from Good Eats on Food Network, is white bread soaked in milk. These heavenly Swedish Meatballs are the homemade version of the iconic Ikea meatballs. They're a whole lot easier than assembling flat-pack furniture, that's for sure!!! You arrange boiling curry Sweedish meat balls accepting 22 ingredients including 7 also. Here you are do a bang-up job.
compound of Sweedish meat balls
- You need of I cup bread crumbs.
- It's 2 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- It's 1 of ⁄3 white onion, minced.
- Prepare 2 clove of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 of ⁄4 tsp ground allspice.
- It's 2 tsp of kosher salt, or to taste.
- Prepare 1 of ⁄4 tsp white pepper, freshly ground, or to taste.
- You need 1 of ⁄2 cup milk.
- It's 1 tsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- You need 3 of ⁄4 lb lean ground beef.
- You need 1 of ⁄2 lb lean ground pork.
- Prepare 1 of large egg, plus 1 egg white, beaten.
- Prepare 1 of vegetable oil, for greasing the baking sheet.
- Prepare of for gravy.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- You need 2 tbsp of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 of 1⁄2 cup low sodium beef broth/stock.
- You need 1 tsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- It's 1 of ⁄4 cup heavy/thickened cream.
- It's 1 of kosher salt, to taste.
- It's 1 of black pepper, freshly ground, to taste.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of fresh parsley, chopped (optional).
Swedish meatballs, or köttbullar, must be prepared, above all, with love. Melt butter in a pan on medium heat and allow it to brown slightly. Looking for copycat IKEA Swedish meatballs? Savory spiced meatballs in a creamy, velvety sauce. without the schlep to Ikea.
Sweedish meat balls ingredients
- To make the meatballs: Put bread crumbs in a large bowl. Heat 2 tablespoons butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, allspice, 2 teaspoons salt, and 1/4 teaspoon white pepper and cook, stirring, until soft, about 5 minutes..
- Add milk and 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce and bring to a simmer. Pour milk mixture over the bread crumbs and stir to make a thick paste; let cool. Add ground beef, ground pork, egg and egg white to the bowl and mix until combined..
- Brush a baking sheet with vegetable oil. Roll meat into 1 inch balls and arrange on the prepared baking sheet. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour..
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C)..
- Bake meatballs for about 20 minutes or until cooked through..
- To make the gravy: Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add flour and cook, whisking, until smooth. Whisk in beef broth and 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce and bring to a simmer.
- Add heavy cream and meatballs. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer until the gravy thickens, about 10 minutes. Season to taste with salt and black pepper. Transfer to a serving dish and sprinkle with the parsley, if desired..
Swedish Meatballs Served Up: At Home. Swedish meatballs are everyone's favorite IKEA menu item, and our recipe recreates that deliciousness at home—classed up. Homemade Swedish meatballs recipe made with the creamiest, most delicious sauce. Juicy and flavorful meatballs with a creamy, rich, and crave-worthy gravy. Vegetarian Swedish Meatballs are FOR REAL!