Creamy Leek and Potato Soup. Potato leek soup, or potage parmentier, is a French classic. It's one of the first dishes I learned to make in culinary school, right after a proper omelet, because it's an essential base soup in French cuisine. Add watercress for potage au cresson, serve it chilled for Vichyssoise — or top it with bacon.
It's like eating a bowl of baked potato, especially cooked, diced bacon is added. The leek and potato pairing starts with the creamy, starchy potato and enhances it with the fresh, pungent, oniony flavor of the leeks. In a large saucepan or stockpot, bring potatoes and chicken broth to a boil. You see to toasting percolate Creamy Leek and Potato Soup employing 8 modus operandi as well as 3 as well as. Here you are manage.
compound of Creamy Leek and Potato Soup
- It's 4 of Leeks, chopped.
- Prepare 2 of medium potatoes diced.
- You need 1 of bulb of Garlic finely sliced.
- It's of onion medium finely sliced.
- Prepare 900 ml of hot stock (chicken or vegetable) use a couple of cubes.
- It's 200 ml of Whole fat milk.
- You need of Olive oil or spray low calorie oil.
- You need of Salt and Pepper.
Meanwhile, place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Potato Leek Soup is a classic! Nothing's better than a bowl of hearty potato soup on a chilly day. No need for cream to make this soup creamy!
Creamy Leek and Potato Soup modus operandi
- Using a large pan place on a medium heat, spray or drizzle with oil. Throw in the leeks to gently soften. I think the best way to make the soup full of flavour is to be patient allowing them to soften slowly. Whilst they are softening, chop the onion and garlic and then throw in the pan stirring well. Meanwhile stirring regularly, chop up the potatoes..
- After about 15 minutes the leeks and onions should be reduced and sweated down. Next add the stock to the mixture, add the milk and potatoes. Bring up to boil and a gentle simmer..
- Add salt and pepper to taste. The soup needs to bubble for about 20 - 25 minutes until the potatoes are soft. Next blitz the soup in a blender. If you like your soup chunky don't bother with this next bit! Serve up and Enjoy! Yum.
Just blend the cooked soup with an immersion blender or standing blender until thick and smooth. My son loves soup and I like making homemade soups for him. I tried making baby soups with minimal amounts of spices and seasoning, but he He seems to want flavorful, creamy and nutritious soups (filling), like this Creamy Leek And Potato Soup. The combination of leeks and potatoes is. Even though this Leek and Potato soup may seem light and creamy, don't be fooled because it's packed with lots of veggies.