Creamy New England Clam Chowder. This thick and creamy New England Clam Chowder is hearty, and will stick to your ribs! Stir occasionally so potatoes won't stick. Add clams, soup, cream, milk, and dill weed.
Even using fresh clams, this soup is a fun way to enjoy a favorite homemade soup that's creamy, satisfying, and full of amazing flavors!! Tips for making New England Clam Chowder. I like to use a smoky thick cut bacon. You produce brewing fry Creamy New England Clam Chowder proving 11 procedure and 10 furthermore. Here you go fulfill.
program of Creamy New England Clam Chowder
- It's 2 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- It's 2 piece of thick cut bacon, finely diced.
- It's 1 cup of diced onion.
- You need 1 clove of garlic, minced.
- It's 3 tbsp of all-purpose flour.
- You need 2 cup of bottled clam juice.
- Prepare 2 can of minced clams (6 1/2 ounce cans) in juice. Reserve liquid.
- You need 3 of medium potatoes, peeled and diced into medium chunks.
- It's 1/3 cup of heavy cream.
- You need of kosher salt.
- It's of ground black pepper.
I peeled my red potatoes but you can leave the peels on if desired. For a bowl of creamy comfort, try Dave Lieberman's New England Clam Chowder recipe from Food Network, perfect with homemade baguette croutons. Transfer clams to a large bowl, reserving cooking liquid. Creamy Clam Chowder with potatoes and vegetables is one of my favorite easy soup recipes that tastes like it came from a restaurant!
Creamy New England Clam Chowder in succession
- Cook the bacon and onion in butter on medium heat until bacon has rendered and onions are translucent and soft..
- Mix in the minced garlic and heat, do not brown garlic, it will taste bitter if you do..
- Whisk in the flour until no longer lumpy and cook a couple of minutes to remove the raw flour taste..
- Strain the clams in a fine mesh strainer over a bowl to reserve the liquid..
- Slowly add the juice from clams, and the 2 cups clam juice to the flour mixture stirring continuously..
- Bring to a boil and whisking until smooth, thickened and creamy. Make sure you scrape the bottom good so it doesn't scorch..
- Add the potatoes, and reduce to a simmer, stirring constantly until temp has come down..
- When simmering, cook until potatoes are tender. When tender, add the clams and heavy cream..
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Can also sprinkle top with chives. It is good and looks pretty if you like. Also parsley is good..
- Serve with oyster crackers, regular crackers or toasted French bread..
This recipe has the thick, creamy broth of a Boston or New England clam chowder. Hey guys, it's Lauren visiting again from Tastes Better from Scratch to share one of. New England clam chowder normally contains clams, potatoes, onions, salted pork and milk or cream. The addition of dairy is considered the biggest difference from other chowders. Clam Chowder is the ultimate comfort food with tender clams, creamy potatoes and of course salty, smoky bacon!.