New years eve Sausage Rolls. I love sausage rolls but they tend to be high in syns for those of us following Slimming World. Not just that, they're not the healthiest of snacks for those not on SW. That's worth it in my book!
Make six cuts in the tops of the sausage rolls and place thyme sprigs in the cuts. New posts New media New articles New media comments New article comments New resources New profile posts Latest activity. If yer hell-bent on making sausage, go with an unstuffed and make your own fatty sausage instead of Jimmy Dean or whatever. You wrap up broiling melt New years eve Sausage Rolls accepting 5 procedure than 10 furthermore. Here you go win.
process of New years eve Sausage Rolls
- Prepare 1 of garlic clove.
- You need handful of parsley.
- Prepare 450 g of sausage meat (I love waitrose gourmet pepper and nutmeg).
- Prepare 500 g of puff pastry, block or ready rolled... or your own.
- You need 1 of beaten egg.
Refrigerated dough makes these appetizers a snap to prepare. Sausage gives them a little smoky heat, while honey and brown sugar lend a touch of sweetness. Christmas Easter new Year'S eve Birthday Valentine's day Picnic Halloween. What a fabulous sausage roll - it was simple to make and delicious!
New years eve Sausage Rolls in succession
- Heat oven to 200C (180C fan or gas 6).
- Crush garlic and some salt to paste in pestle and mortar. Add 50 ml of cold water and chopped fresh parsley if possible.
- Put sausage meat in food processor turn on a high speed and pour garlic flavoured water. Then season with black pepper. (Personally I have found my preferred sausage meat in Waitrose which is seasoned with black pepper and nutmeg and will stick with it cause I love it).
- Cut pastry in half lengthways.
- Divide sausage mixture in two and spread along the length of the pastry strip in cylinder shape. Leave some edge about 1.5 cm.
- Tightly roll pastry around meat. Glaze with beaten egg.
- Cut into small 8-10 pieces with sharp knife. It freezes up to a month. Make sure all ingredients are fresh if you're planning to freeze them..
- Cook in the oven for 25 -35 minutes. Add extra 10 minutes if cooking from frozen.
- Happy 2017.
I substituted the grated provolone with grated mozzarella and didn't include the proscuitto. This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying I told you a few weeks ago that Sausage Rolls are a mandatory holiday tradition in our family. So I did make these for New Years and they turned out great! Thanks for linking it up to Saturday Dishes.