Persian herbed rice with fish (Sabzi polow mahi) for Iranian new year (Nowruz). Sabzi Polo (Polow) Mahi, Persian Herbed Rice with Fish, is a traditional Nowruz recipe. Nowruz is the Persian spiritual New Year; celebrated not just in Iran, but in many other central Asian countries, and falls on the vernal equinox, the first day of spring. Sabzi Polow (herb rice) and Mahi (fish) is traditionally served for the Persian new year Norooz.
A recipe for rice with parsley, dill, scallions and cilantro served for with fried fish for the Persian New Year. I've been using it in everything from eggs to pastas to green juices and in a recipe for herbed rice and fish, Sabzi Polo va Mahi, to celebrate the Persian. This year, Komaaj will host Persian New Year events in Berkeley and San Francisco. You get ready sizzling brown Persian herbed rice with fish (Sabzi polow mahi) for Iranian new year (Nowruz) practicing 18 process as well as 29 together with. Here you are perform.
program of Persian herbed rice with fish (Sabzi polow mahi) for Iranian new year (Nowruz)
- You need of Ingredients for the rice.
- You need 200 g of rice.
- You need 150 g of mixed herbs (parsley, coriander, dill, spring onions), finely chopped and washed.
- You need 1 Tbsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic, peeled and diced.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- It's of Tortila bread.
- Prepare of Vegetable oil and butter.
- It's of Ingredients for fish.
- It's 200 g of haddock fish.
- It's 4 Tbsp of plain flour.
- You need 1/2 Tsp of turmeric.
- You need 1 of egg.
- It's 1 Tsp of saffron water.
- It's 4 Tbsp of bread crumbs.
- Prepare to taste of Salt- chilli powder.
- It's 1 of lemon or lime.
- You need of Vegetable oil.
For Mana Heshmati, an engineer in Detroit who runs a pop-up restaurant called Peace Meal Kitchen, the taste of Nowruz is sabzi polo, an herbed rice dish that represents. Persian Herb Rice or Sabzi Polow is a traditional Iranian dish usually served with fish, especially on Nowruz, the Persian New Year. Persian Herbed Rice with Fish - Photos by Caroline Williams. It originates in Iran, but is celebrated Persian Herb Rice with Fish - Sabzi Polow Mahi - for Nowruz.
Persian herbed rice with fish (Sabzi polow mahi) for Iranian new year (Nowruz) instructions
- Wash and finely chop the herbs, Set aside..
- Wash the rice. In a bowl with salted water add rice and let the rice soak for about 1 hour. Bring a pot of water to a boil. Drain the soaked rice and stir it into the boiling water.Allow to cook the rice for 7 minutes..
- Add chopped herbs and let to cook for 3 minutes more..
- Then drain the rice and discarding the water..
- Pour oil over the bottom of the pot. Place a sheet of thin bread on the bottom of pot..
- Spread half of the rice over the bread,.
- Add diced garlic.
- And some ground cinnamon.
- Then repeat with remaining of the rice. Finally place small pieces of butter top of the rice..
- Cover the pot with a lid and set over high heat for 2-3 minutes and then simmer for 30 minutes. Once the rice is ready let rest for 5 minutes and serve it with fish and sabzi koko (herbed frittata)..
- In a plate mix flour with turmeric, salt and chili powder. Crack the eggs in a bowl, add salt and chili powder and beat together..
- Coat both sides of the fish with flour,.
- Dip in the beaten eggs.
- And coat with bread crumb.
- Fry in the pan..
- Dish is ready. So so soo delicious, healthy and aromatic..
- Ingredients for rice.
Typical dish of Nowruz (new year's Eve among Iranians) is Sabzipolo. My mom cooked & I filmed. In the middle of the video i was nagging why she puts the fish on the meat side (coz Gordon Ramsey puts from the skin side) and lets just say she didn't appreciate his. Sabzi Polo is a traditional Persian herbed rice pilaf. This dish in particular is eaten during the Persian New Year (Nowruz, late March) and served with white fish.