Eggplant meatballs with marinara. Indulge In Fresh Flavors, Rich Textures, & Comforting Tastes Of A Homemade Meal. This Eggplant Meatball recipe is made with roasted eggplant, creamy salty parmesan cheese, Italian breadcrumbs and fresh basil and parsley packed into a balls, and then lightly fried, served topped with marinara sauce. These eggplant meatballs can be customized!
Gina do you serve with noddle's or zoodles of any form? Wondering how it would be with spaghetti squash. While the meatballs bake, heat marinara sauce in saucepan over medium-low heat until hot; add baked meatballs to the sauce and stir to coat. You transact roasting mull Eggplant meatballs with marinara adopting 11 compound including 4 together with. Here you go nail it.
method of Eggplant meatballs with marinara
- Prepare 1 of small eggplant.
- It's 1 of large egg lightly beaten.
- You need 1/2 cup of cooked cannellini or navy beans (rinsed), smash with fork.
- Prepare 1 of large clove garlic finely chopped.
- It's 1/4 cup of finely chopped basil.
- You need 1/4 cup of finely chopped parsley.
- You need 1/2 cup of finely grated Parmesan.
- You need of Salt & pepper.
- Prepare 1 cup of panko breadcrumbs.
- Prepare of Olive oil.
- You need 2 cups of marinara (homemade or store bought.
This Vegan Eggplant Meatball Marinara has been a work in progress in my mind for awhile now. Each time I attempted to make the "meatballs" with just eggplant and breadcrumbs, too mushy. Finally, I drew from my positive experiences with these Veggie Nuggets and these Crispy Chickpea Cutlets over on my sister site, Living Vegan. When ready to eat, these meatballs can be cooked in marinara sauce directly from the freezer.
Eggplant meatballs with marinara prescription
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and place the eggplant on top. Use a fork to prick the eggplant 4 times, then place the eggplant in the oven and roast it until it has completely collapsed and a paring knife easily slips into the center, 40 to 50 minutes. Cool the eggplant 20 minutes. Leave the oven on..
- Slice the eggplant in half lengthwise and use a spoon to scoop out the flesh (discard the skin). Place the roasted eggplant in a medium bowl and stir in the egg and beans. Add the garlic, basil, parmesan, 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper and stir to combine, then mix in the breadcrumbs..
- Again, line the rimmed baking sheet with a clean sheet of foil and lightly mist it with spray. Shape the eggplant mixture into balls about the size of a golf ball (2 tablespoons per ball; you should get about 16). Place them on the prepared baking sheet and lightly mist the top of the balls with spray. Bake the eggplant balls until they are golden brown and firm, about 20 minutes..
- While the meatballs cook, warm the marinara sauce in a small saucepan. Remove the meatballs from the oven, sprinkle with a little extra parmesan and serve with the marinara sauce. Serve over pasta or not :).
Try out these Tempeh Meatballs instead!. Uses - Serve meatballs with pasta with a homemade marinara sauce for a classic spaghetti and meatballs dish. For the eggplant: Place an oven rack in the center of the oven. Turn the polpette a couple of times while frying so they brown evenly. How to store Eggplant Meatballs Notes.