Ultimate Swedish Meatballs. The Best Swedish Meatballs are smothered in the most amazing rich and creamy gravy. The meatballs are packed with such delicious flavor. You will quickly agree these are the BEST you have ever had!
In a frying pan, heat oil on medium heat. When hot, gently add meatballs and brown on all sides. This step is one of the best secrets for making homemade meatballs! You take care of business sizzling bake Ultimate Swedish Meatballs testing 11 ingredients moreover 7 moreover. Here is how you reach.
receipt of Ultimate Swedish Meatballs
- You need 500 g of free range pork meatballs or you can you beef meatballs (it’s up to you).
- It's Knob of butter.
- It's 1 tbsp of plain flour.
- You need 300 ml of chicken stock.
- You need 1 tbsp of mustard.
- You need 1-2 tbsp of Worcester sauce.
- Prepare 1 tsp of honey.
- You need 300 ml of double cream.
- You need of Salt and pepper.
- You need of Big pinch of dried parsley (am using fresh).
- You need Handful of baby spinach (optional).
Then, after the meatballs are browned, add to an ovenproof dish and cover. This recipe took quite a number of rounds of testing, but I'm happy to say I've finally perfected the Swedish Meatball. Stir in the egg, onion, parsley, salt, nutmeg and ginger. Crumble meat over mixture and mix well.
Ultimate Swedish Meatballs technique
- Heat a non sticky frying pan over a medium heat. Drop a knob of butter in, you want enough so that when it melts it covers the bottom of the pan..
- Sprinkle salt & pepper over your meatballs and add them to the pan. Fry and keep moving them around until they’re brown almost all over..
- Meanwhile pre heat your oven about 100V. When your meatballs look done, transfer them to an oven proof dish and pop them into oven to keep warm..
- You should have a little fat and butter left in the pan. Add your flour and stir it in until you have a pretty smooth paste. Add your stock, turn the heat up s little bit and bring it to boil while stirring and scraping all the flour from the bottom of the pan..
- Let it bubble away for a couple minutes and thicken. Add mustard, honey and Worcester sauce. Turn the heat to medium again, remove meatballs from the oven and pour the double cream into the sauce. Stir it all together and add the meatballs to the gravy..
- Let it bible away for a few minutes. Taste the sauce. The balance of flavours here is totally up to you..
- When you think it’s perfect, sprinkle your parsley and spinach over the top and serve..
I love Swedish meatballs but have difficulty finding them. I googled recipies and could not pass on this one based on reviews. These are the best Swedish meatballs I have ever had. I consider myself a novice in the kitchen, but this recipie was easy to follow. In a small bowl, soak the white bread in the heavy cream.