Homemade seitan meatballs. Vegan meatballs made from chickpeas and seitan. To make vegan Italian Seitan Meatballs: Add the sun-dried tomatoes and walnuts to a food processor and pulse until you reach a paste-like texture. Add all the remaining ingredients to the food processor and pulse, stopping to scrape the sides as needed until combined into a crumbly dough.
I wanted vegetarian meatballs with some bite. Most recipes called for grinding the seitan first. I've never had luck with these. You execute baking curry Homemade seitan meatballs proving 5 procedure including 5 moreover. Here you are win.
program of Homemade seitan meatballs
- It's 225 g of potato, peeled and diced.
- It's 120 ml of cold water/ vegetable stock.
- It's 130 g of vital wheat gluten.
- It's 2 tsp of mushroom bouillon.
- Prepare 1 tsp of mixed herb.
So I came up with this. The rest came together with what I had in my cabinets. This is nice and spicy with the addition of the red pepper flakes. If you don't like so much spice, add less red pepper, or eliminate it all together.
Homemade seitan meatballs process
- Boil the potato until soft. Drain and mash. Set aside to cool..
- Meanwhile, boil the water on a pot..
- In a bowl, combine the vital wheat gluten, mushroom bouillon, mixed herb, mashed potato and water. Mixed to combine then use your hands to mash the mixture together into a dough..
- Tear off portions of the dough and roll them into meatballs. Place them on a plate and pour into boiling water. Reduce the heat to low heat and put the lid on and boil them for 1 hour..
- Let the cooked seitan meatballs cool to room temperature..
These vegan meatballs are made with from-scratch seitan using vital wheat gluten. They're quick and easy to prepare and are baked for a super-healthy and versatile vegan meatball! There are a bajillion different ways to make vegan meatballs. Coat baking sheet with cooking spray. Blend seitan in food processor until crumbly.