Stuffed Bell Peppers w/ Sauce. Stuff Ground Beef In Bell Peppers With Onions And Rice To Make A Delicious Weeknight Meal. Great recipe for Stuffed Bell Peppers w/ Sauce. Stuffed bell pepper recipes vary by region / origin and call for regional spices to be used.
Green peppers are stuffed with a mixture of ground beef and rice then smothered in a tangy tomato sauce for an old family recipe for classic comfort food. Spoon sauce in dish over each half to serve. When cool, stir in cooked rice. You close sizzling seethe Stuffed Bell Peppers w/ Sauce using 18 prescription so 10 as a consequence. Here you are rack up.
instructions of Stuffed Bell Peppers w/ Sauce
- Prepare of The sauce ….
- It's 2-3 tbs. of olive oil.
- Prepare 1/2 of large yellow onion, roughly chopped.
- You need 1 of jalapeno pepper, sliced thin.
- It's 1 can (14.5 oz.) of diced tomatoes, drained.
- Prepare 1 cup of brown gravy, ready-made.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of light brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of red wine vinegar.
- Prepare Dash of salt, pepper, paprika, and dried thyme, & coriander.
- It's 1/4 cup of fresh cilantro, finely chopped.
- You need of .
- You need 1.25 of lbs. ground beef.
- It's 1/2 of large yellow onion, finely chopped.
- You need 1 of large egg, lightly beaten.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of plain dried breadcrumbs.
- It's 1/2 cup of “cooked” white rice.
- Prepare Dash of salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder, and dried thyme.
- You need 4 of large bell peppers, seeded, and white ribs, stems removed.
Wash the peppers under cold water. Sprinkle insides of the peppers lightly with salt. Add drained tomatoes, salt, Worcestershire, and a dash of pepper. Top stuffed peppers with a small amount of shredded cheddar cheese just before they are done and then return them to the oven and bake just until the cheese has melted.
Stuffed Bell Peppers w/ Sauce method
- Heat olive oil in a small saucepan, add the onions and jalapeno pepper. Cook over medium heat for 4 minutes until translucent. Add the tomatoes, brown gravy, brown sugar, vinegar, spices and fresh herb..
- Bring to a slight boil, then lower the heat and simmer uncovered for 20 minutes. Stir occasionally and set aside..
- Prepare the 1/2 cup of cooked rice in a small saucepan and set aside to cool. In a large pot, fill it about 2” with water and bring to a light boil..
- With a paring knife, cut the tops of the peppers. [Save the tops] Lightly trim the bottom of the peppers so that they stand straight and even. Scoop out the seeds and white ribs with a spoon. Lightly puncture a small whole in the bottoms from the inside..
- Place the peppers in the boiling water, reduce the heat, and cover with a lid. Steam them for 5 minutes. Remove the pot from the stove, drain the water, and run the peppers under cold water. Remove the peppers from the pot and place upside down to dry and cool..
- Heat oven to 350˚..
- In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, egg, onions, breadcrumbs, cooked rice, and spices. Add 1/3 cup of the sauce to the mixture and mix lightly with your hands..
- With a large spoon, fill the peppers with the meat mixture. Place the cut bell pepper “lids” on top of each to cover..
- Pour half the sauce mixture into a small or medium casserole dish. Place the peppers neatly into the dish and cover with the remaining sauce..
- Place the casserole dish into the heated oven and bake for 40 minutes. Remove the dish from oven and allow it to cool for 10 minutes. Serve the peppers in a bed of mashed potatoes, top them with the sauce and chopped cilantro..
Use green bell peppers or red bell peppers, or any combination of colors. Warm the Mezzetta® Family Recipes Spicy Marinara Sauce and spoon onto a plate, place the peppers on top and serve. Slash the calories and carbs of traditional stuffed peppers by swapping white rice for cauliflower "rice." The riced cauliflower is hearty and won't turn to mush during baking. Use an assortment of red, yellow, orange and green peppers to make an appealing presentation. Traditional stuffed peppers include ground beef, tomatoes, rice, seasoning, and cheese.