Butte pasty. As in any pie, the pastry dough in a pasty is a critical element. Because this meat and vegetable pocket was both hardy and hearty, it quickly became the mainstay meal of Butte's miners. When you grow up in Montana, your definition of pasties is a bit different than most.
Roll thin to shape and size of pie plate. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and dot with butter. Fold other half of this dough over this filling, press edges together well. You wrap up baking warm up Butte pasty accepting 6 method furthermore 7 including. Here you go make it.
process of Butte pasty
- Prepare 1 lb of ground beef go with a low fat one it worked well.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2-1 tsp of pepper.
- It's of ready made pie crust depending on preferred size.
- You need 1 of egg beaten.
- It's 1 bag of potatoes o’brien with peppers and onion.
Usually, we are talking about farmers using what they get from the. Be the first to review this recipe. I got this recipe from my aunt. I'm not sure how many pasties it makes, it depends on the size.
Butte pasty in succession
- Preheat oven to 375 place a rack on lower section and one on mid section of oven pull pie crusts from freezer and bring them to room temp unless you made your own.
- Place meat salt,pepper,potatoes in large bowl mix well.
- Unroll pie crust and place desired amount of meat mix on half the crust keeping about an inch away from edge.
- Pull over other half of crust make adjustments so everything fits line up crust edges lift and add beaten egg to lower crust.
- Roll edge over itself reword top and either pinch or crimp with a fork.
- Using a brush apply egg to the top and crimped edges cut a 3/4 to 1 inch slit on top.
- Place on lined baking tray and place in oven on bottom rack for 25 min them move to middle rack for another 20-25 min.
We just keep making batches of dough until all of our filling is used up. Diced potatoes, cubed beef (or ground beef), onions, sometimes carrots, garlic, salt and pepper are. Try A Ridiculously Good Pasty from Butte, Montana A yummy treat from my visit to Butte America: Land of Mullets and Pasties When visiting Butte, Montana, you will quickly discover that you are not, in fact, visiting Butte, Montana, but rather: you are visiting Butte, America. Or, so the locals here tell me. This is an English recipe that was brought to Butte, Montana and eaten in the copper mines by miners and the inhabitants of Butte.