Frito pie. Stir in seasoning mix and water. In a large pot over medium heat, heat oil. Frito Chili Pie My good, basic chili recipe and one of my favorite ways to use it!
Frito pie is a dish popular in the Midwestern and Southwestern United States, whose basic ingredients are chili, cheese, and corn chips (especially Fritos). Additions can include cream cheese, salsa, refried beans, sour cream, onion, rice, or jalapeños. There are many variations and alternative names used by region. You wind up boiling steam Frito pie testing 7 method as a consequence 2 steps. Here is how you gain.
receipt of Frito pie
- You need 1 of big bag chilli cheese Fritos.
- You need 1 lb of ground beef or ground venison.
- Prepare 1 packet of taco seasoning.
- It's 2 of large tomatoes, diced.
- Prepare 1/2 head of lettuce diced.
- You need 1-8 ounce of bag shredded taco blend cheese.
- Prepare of Optional: sour cream,pico,salsa, guacamole (my Walmart sells guacamole salsa already made which is what I used).
Frito pie can be prepared in a casserole dish, but an alternate preparation can. I have never heard of a baked Frito pie, I always just put Fritos in a bowl and cover with chili, cheese and onions, often adding jalapenos, diced tomatoes a dollop of sour cream. This was a real favorite when I was a kid (yes, they had Fritos back then), and it still is. With the Frito-Lay Company being based in Dallas, this dish is about as Texan as you can get.
Frito pie modus operandi
- Cook the ground beef and drain. Season with taco seasoning..
- Now layer it ! Fritos, meat, cheese, lettuce, tomato then whatever sauces or toppings! Have fun and make it a “Frito bar” on the table and let everyone gather around and make their own!.
Frito pie is a classic Texas recipe that's found at nearly every high football concession stand as well as in many high end restaurants. It's quick and easy, has many variations, and is addictively good. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Transfer some or all of the chili to a baking dish or individual ramekins. Top with Fritos, pressing them lightly into the chili.