Vietnamese beef stew (Bo Kho). Bo Kho is a spicy and flavorful Vietnamese beef stew that makes for a pretty epic bowl of noodle soup when you've maybe had your fill of pho or are looking for I've had Bo Kho at only a couple of places over the years, and they've been pretty wide-ranging in terms of quality. My favorite place to eat it is in. Bo kho is a delicious Vietnamese pot-roasted beef stew.
Vietnamese bò kho (beef stew) is packed with tender, fall-apart braised chunks of beef loaded with herbs, aromatics and a delicious broth that will have you coming back with more Vietnamese baguette! Similar to thịt kho, this slow braise / stew is easy to make, and the longer you cook it the softer the. Bò Kho is a popular national classic Vietnamese Beef Stew. You close sizzling percolate Vietnamese beef stew (Bo Kho) working 17 prescription including 6 steps. Here you are pull off.
ingredients of Vietnamese beef stew (Bo Kho)
- Prepare 500 g of beef cubes (preferably the one with some marbling).
- You need 2 tsp of tsp sugar.
- It's 1/2 tsp of chicken stock powder (can be skipped).
- Prepare 1 tsp of five spice.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of minced garlic.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of grated ginger.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of soy sauce.
- You need 2-3 stalk of lemongrass (smashed and cut into 2-3 pieces).
- It's 2-3 of star anise.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cinnamon powder (or 1 stick).
- It's 2 tbsp of tomato paste.
- You need 170 ml of (1/2 a can) coconut water.
- Prepare 3 of carrots (cut to chunks).
- Prepare 2 cups of water/beef stock.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of pepper (or to your liking).
- It's 1 tbsp of oyster sauce (optional).
- It's 2 tbsp of oil.
The key ingredients include beef (sometimes people like to add oxtail or Garnish your delicious Instant Pot Vietnamese Beef Stew with cilantro and serve! *Pro Tip: You can serve Bo Kho with French Bread, Rice Noodles, or Rice. One of my favourite dishes in Vietnam, bò kho (beef stew) is a hearty, spicy and aromatic broth with diced beef, carrot and lemongrass. Bò kho can be eaten on its own with a warm baguette for dunking or served over noodles, and is almost always accompanied by half a dozen types of fresh herb. How to Make Vietnamese Beef Stew (Bo Kho).
Vietnamese beef stew (Bo Kho) one at a time
- Marinate beef with sugar, ginger, (half portion of the garlic), soy sauce, 5 spice, pepper, and chicken powder. Marinate for at least 20 mins (longer is better)..
- Heat the oil on the wok or frying pan. Stir in star anise, lemongrass, the remaining portion of garlic, and cinnamon stick/powder until aromatic..
- Stir in beef cubes and brown the beef..
- Transfer the beef to pressure cooker or casserole pan (or any sauce pan that has thick bottom). Add in tomato paste, coconut water and beef stock..
- If using pressure cooker, cook for 20 mins. If using normal stove, bring the stock to boil, cover and reduced to low-medium heat, cook until meat is tender (maybe 40-60 mins)..
- Stir in the carrots, cook until carrots are tender. Taste and adjust the flavour. Add oyster sauce for a richer taste (this step is optional). Turn off the heat, the beef stew is now ready to serve!.
My mother first taught me to make Bo Kho using a packet of pre-mixed spices from the Vietnamese grocery store which was employed in the marinade for the meat. Remove bay leaf, lemongrass and star anise before serving with cilantro and Thai basil. Taste great with steam rice or French bread. Beef brisket is stewed in an aromatic lemongrass and ginger broth until tender in this Vietnamese Bo Kho that's a delicious one-pot meal. Bo Kho is the best beef stew I have ever eaten!