Cottage Pies with cheesy potato topping. This recipe for Cottage Pie Topped with Scalloped Potato Gratin is a modern variation of classic shepherd's pie with a cheesy topping of scalloped potatoes. Cottage pie is an English classic, but I've never been keen on the classic version which has a layer of mashed potatoes on top - There is just something about the consistency that I. Traditional Cottage Pie with a crispy potato topping.. covered in creamy mashed potatoes and finished off with a crispy cheesy topping.
This Cheesy Cottage Pie is chock-full of vegetables in a rich beef gravy, and topped with a layer of super smooth and creamy cheddar mashed potatoes. Spread topping over beef mixture; sprinkle with cheese. Spoon potatoes evenly over the beef layer and sprinkle lightly with paprika. You doing simmering devil Cottage Pies with cheesy potato topping using 15 technique furthermore 7 than. Here is how you effect.
process of Cottage Pies with cheesy potato topping
- Prepare 2 tbsps of sunflower oil.
- Prepare 1 of onion large , thinly sliced.
- Prepare 1 of celery stalk, finally chopped.
- Prepare 1 of carrot large , finally chopped.
- Prepare 750 gm of beef minced.
- You need 2 tsps of plain flour.
- You need 300 ml of beef stock.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of tomato pure.
- It's 2 tbsps of Worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare of Salt pepper and.
- Prepare of Topping:-.
- It's 759 gm of potatoes , cut in to chunks.
- Prepare 30 g of butter.
- Prepare 3 tbsps of milk hot.
- You need 125 g of cheddar cheese mature , grated.
If desired, turn on the broiler to brown the top for just a minute or two, but watch carefully to prevent burning. To make the cheesy mash topping:Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Mix in butter, finely chopped onion and grated cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste; set aside.
Cottage Pies with cheesy potato topping in succession
- Heat the oil in a pan, add onion, celery and carrots and cook for 3 minutes. Add the minced beef and cook for 5 minutes..
- Add the flour and cook for 2 minutes. Add the stock, tomato puree and sauce, season with salt and pepper and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 45 minutes..
- Remove from the heat and transfer in to a large oven proof dish and set side..
- Prepare pototo topping: Cook the potatoes in boiling salted water for 20 minutes or until tender. Drain and add the butter and hot milk to the potatoes and mash until soft. Then add the cheese and salt and pepper..
- Cover the minced beef mixture with the mashed potato using a spoon and spread over the top to cover completel. You may score the surface using a fork to give a decorative look..
- Cook in a preheated oven at 200°c for 40minutes until pototo topping is golden brown and the meat mixture is bubbling. Serve hot..
- Note: You may omit the cheese in the potato and can use olive oil instead of butter..
It's not just any sweet potato mash, it's cheesy sweet potato mash which is the perfect topping for the flavourful lentil and mushroom filling. This isn't your traditional shepherd's pie, I've swapped lentils for meat, sweet potato mash for regular mash and a tomato based sauce instead of gravy sauce. Cottage Pie Topped with Scalloped Potato Gratin Main Course , Sweet Potato Recipes & Ideas Edit Thìs recìpe for Cottage Pìe Topped wìth Scalloped Potato Gratìn ìs a modern varìatìon of classìc shepherd's pìe that has a cheesy toppìng of scalloped potatoes. Add carrots, celery, onion, and thyme. Drain, return to the pan and, using a fork, break the.