Eggplant with crumbed beef, tomato and mint. Great recipe for Eggplant with crumbed beef, tomato and mint. It's been an interesting week here in Wellington, NZ. The week started off with me loosing my voice, figured it might be alright after a night of sleep, but that definitely did not bring it back.
Salt the slices and toss them into a colander. Press with a spatula to squeeze any last remaining liquid. Drain & pat dry with a clean towel. You wrap up steaming blanch Eggplant with crumbed beef, tomato and mint proving 14 ingredients along with 7 than. Here you go reach.
procedure of Eggplant with crumbed beef, tomato and mint
- You need 2 of Eggplant :.
- It's 1 of Onion : medium diced.
- Prepare of Ground beef.
- You need : 4 cloves of Garlic mashed.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Oregano Dried :.
- You need 1 tsp of Basil :.
- You need 1 tsp of Thyme :.
- Prepare 1 can of Tomatoes :.
- You need 2 tbsps of Balsamic Vinegar :.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Chicken Broth :.
- It's of Olive Oil.
- Prepare : 3 Sprigs of Mint.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- Prepare 180 C of Preheat the oven to / 375 F.
Lay the slices on a baking sheet and brush. Italian-Paleo Eggplant, Beef, Tomatoes + Mint Mediterranean Flavors. The classic Italian flavors are all here- eggplant, tomato, garlic, onion and oregano with a twist of fresh chopped mint nudging it over into Greek territory- but there's not a speck of gluten or dairy. Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet.
Eggplant with crumbed beef, tomato and mint method
- Slice the eggplant into circles and lay them on a baking sheet. Drizzle some olive oil, sprinkle salt and pepper and roast in the oven until it is tender and crispy on the outside. Estimated time for this would be 20-30mins.
- While the eggplant is cooking, saute in the onions in a pan, and once it has softened, add the ground beef and cook it until it has nicely browned.
- Add the mashed garlic, oregano, basil and thyme and continue cooking. Next add the can of chopped tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, the stock and bring to a simmer. Season with salt and pepper, reduce the heat and cook for 15mins or so until the beef has cooked.
- In an oven proof dish, or individual gratin dishes, layer the eggplant pieces and top it off with the beef mince.
- Bake in the oven until it has heated through for about 15mins.
- Garnish with some chopped mint leaves and serve.
- A side salad,some brown rice or a pilaf will go great with this dish.
Peel eggplant and cut into thin slices. Brown ground beef; add diced onion. Layer eggplant, ground beef mixture, eggplant, ground beef, etc. Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Place eggplant slices in a colander over a plate; sprinkle with salt and toss.