Litti chokha. Litti chokha recipe with step by step photos - a rustic and traditional dish of stuffed whole wheat dough balls, where the stuffing is a spiced mix of roasted gram flour or sattu. this recipe comes from bihar and jharkand region in India. Litti is the stuffed whole wheat dough ball and Chokha is a mashed relish that is served with litti. Litti, along with chokha, is a complete meal originated from the Indian state of Bihar.
Litti Chokha is a snack food found in India's Bihar state. Litti basically consists of wheat and sattu (powdered gram )formed into balls with spices, and then dipped in ghee (clarified butter). Put these balls on a baking tray and baked turning both sides in till it cooked properly. You determine frying braise Litti chokha using 22 modus operandi so 4 as well as. Here you are put it over.
modus operandi of Litti chokha
- It's of Ingredients to make dough:.
- Prepare 2 cups of whole wheat flour.
- You need 1/4 cup of melted ghee.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ajwain.
- You need 1/2 tsp of black cumin seeds.
- It's of salt as per you taste.
- It's of water.
- Prepare of Ingredients to make the filling:.
- You need 1/2 cup of sattu.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ajwain.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of black cumin seeds.
- It's 1 tsp of mustard oil.
- It's 1 tsp of pickle masala (I use home made mango pickle masala).
- It's 1 tsp of black pepper powder.
- You need 2 of medium size onions chopped finely.
- It's 1 tsp of ginger grated.
- It's 1 tsp of garlic finely chopped.
- It's 2 tsp of lemon juice.
- Prepare 1 of green chilli chopped finely.
- It's of salt as per your taste.
- Prepare 2 tsp of water.
- Prepare of You can also add other spices of your choice to make it more spicy and savory.
Now to prepare the chokha, wash, dry and slit the brinjal. Litti, along with Chokha, is a complete meal originated from the Indian state of Bihar. It is also popular in Jharkhand and parts of Eastern Uttar Pradesh. (Source - Wikipedia). If we have to. litti chokha recipe
Litti chokha gradually
- Mix well all the ingredients to make the dough, gradually add water and knead well to make a dough neither too soft nor too hard, keep it aside for 15 minutes. Divide into 10 equal size balls..
- Mix all the ingredients to make the fillings, start filling this mix into the balls one by one..
- Preheat the gas oven, put all the stuffed balls and start roasting by flipping littis on medium flame..
- Serve hot immersing in ghee with chokha and chutneys..
how to make bihari litti chokha baati chokha with detailed photo and video recipe. a traditional complete meal from the state of bihar made with wheat flour and tomato curry. it is a healthy round shaped meal made in a traditional oven and served with loads ghee and choice of chokka curry. the appearance and texture are very similar to the popular rajasthani dal baati. Litti Chokha is a traditional dish eaten mainly in Bihar and Jharkhad. It can be had for lunch, dinner or you can make it on your holidays and you will surely love it. Litti is similar to Bati in appearance but there is a little difference.